Thursday 2 August 2012

Project #5: Tamiya 1/35 German King Tiger Part 1

The Project
Ok... this is out of the blog's theme..
What the hell! This has to be my favorite tank of all time.
Not building 1 is a sin!

The Box:


There are 2 versions to this kit. Another kit contains photo-etched parts and metal barrel!
As this is a practice kit, I decided not to invest too heavily in it thus bought the one without. And I regretted it. I bought the photo-etch grills later


and the cost already exceed the kit that comes with it...

Objectives:

No need to make this tank as close to history. Just need to learn the following:
1) Camouflage airbrushing
2) Weathering
3) Facial painting
4) Diorama

Duration:

2 months

Building:

A very straightforward process to build it as compared to some Master Grade Gundams. Just remember to use Tamiya's Thin Cement. Its a wonderful cement for small parts like On Vehicle Maintenance (OVM) and small fragile parts.

The kit comes with rubber tracks instead of a molded one.After building it, I felt that it should have used molded tracks instead...

Anyway, I managed to build the entire tank and its diorama set (will review this later in the blog) when I was building Kyshatria.

Next:
Project #5: Tamiya 1/35 German King Tiger Part 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment