Thursday 2 August 2012

Project #5: Tamiya 1/35 German King Tiger Part 2

Objective:

To camouflage the tank

The Paints:
Dark Yellow
Dark Green
Brown
Black
Silver.

Painting:

Work from light colours to darker colors. After Surfacer, Dark Yellow was applied evenly on the entire model (should have done the gradation as I have for my Gundams...).

Then Dark Green was applied as the first part to camouflaging this Tiger. From the box, the Dark green patterns seems easy to follow but soon realised that the pattern doesn't quite "work" for the top part of the tank...So I decided to go with the flow and follow my preference in the end.

Brown + Black (1:1) for the brownish tone on the camouflage (As I am using Gaia paint this mix was close enough. If using Tamiya, red brown is the colour to use).

Black + Silver (1:0.5) for the tracks. Studied from the web, some don't bother to paint it and go straight for weathering. Not sure I did the right thing...

The dots are then applied using Tamiya Enamels.

Here are some of the pictures. King Tiger fresh from the factory:







It looks like I have overcome my first hurdle: Camouflaging.

Next:
Project #5: Tamiya 1/35 German King Tiger Part 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment